Banner Top

Comments 2003

Year 2003

rom toni/Anton (4,471) on June 17, 2003 11:57:17 AM EDT
Hello John - welcome to Artsig
That is a most fantastic pencil drawing. The union of man and goat is symbolic to
me of the love of the animals of the shepherd. His care and love is well expressed
By the way where do you come from, the features of the person remind me very much
of South Africas descendants of mixed race now living in the Cape

from antoine/Marc (8,476) on June 17, 2003 12:06:52 PM EDT
John welcome on arsig! your drawing is really splendid, very precis and very detailed, the idea
 is particularly intérssante, the key of color brings an additional dimention, really a very good work,
congratulations

John bienvenue sur arsig ! votre dessin est vraiment magnifique , très precis et très détaillé ,
l'idée est particulièrement intérssante , la touche de couleur apporte une dimention supplémentaire ,
vraiment un très bon travail ,félicitations

from guillotine/David (105) on June 17, 2003 12:07:12 PM EDT (4)
baseltje, your skills are evident immediately, fine draughtmanship, expression, tone,
a little unsure about the "correlation" here though, besides being next to each other, the only thing
connecting these two images together is the rams horn going into the mans forehead...... again, I think
your work is really very good , you obviously have a sense of expression/emotion and how to make it come across,
also the execution of the mans face and the rams face in general, both deftly pulled off it's just that I think if your
going for a kind of metaphysical morphing or intertwined image of the two that the result would look better if they
weren't just joined at the head, so to speak, the merge is just too abrupt.... still your style and work here is very
good, and I see what you were getting at, also I'm just glad to see that some people actually still draw and paint,
I'm getting really tired of the digital crap people call art these days...so please keep posting kid....... pax romana

from dana/Dana (782) on June 17, 2003 2:56:07 PM EDT (1)
Excellent merge of color.
Would like to have seen spark in the human eye as well. Earring is excellent example of the impact of spark.
Compostion slips off page and is uncomfortable seeing the deepest dark pull my eye away. More blank breathing
space after the dark shade of nape of neck (to match the opposite side) for a vignette look
OR ... create reason for the art surrounding nose of Ram to run off page: Just slight shading in blank area or mountain brambles.
Decorative high contrast brambles would work best to counter the extreme cut off at collar bone area of man.
Or soften that edge as you have done for top of man's head for consistency.
Really commend the textured look of the horns. Dana

from carollee/Carolee (2,211) June 17, 2003 8:53:53 PM EDT (1)
Your pen in hand is very nice. You have alot of detail involved here. I like what you are trying to say,
but i agree with the fact that it is just to abbrut, with the horn. I also think maybe alittle more "life" to his eyes
might help soften him...just a speck maybe? Welcome here. I have been here a few days....and like it.
There are alot of digital & photos....was thinking maybe wrong place for me....but I am hooked for now(grin)
Keep showing your work.....much talent!!

from savialeigh/Rikki (3,864) on June 17, 2003 10:51:10 PM EDT (1)
Interesting. Disorrienting too. Facial features of the man are excellent. I would prefer that his head
didn't hit the edge of the paper, that seems to offbalance the composition. Also, the ram horn passing
both over his head and behind it is too weird. If it passed comepletely behind, it would work. Ram horn also
appears to erupt from his nose. Painful! =) Last horn comment, it looks like it is growing into the ram's ear (also painful).
If I block either side, ram or man, the remaining side works very well. Just the combination that doesn't quite succeed.

from stevechong/Steve (188) on June 18, 2003 4:22:39 AM EDT (2)
Hi John! When I came in here to ArtSig, your drawing captured my attention immediately! It really blown me away!
Send me into my deep thoughts, such a strong impact it made on me. Has been a while I didn't feel like this.
I would like to say thank you very much for making me think again. I am inspired!

rom ajvaughn/Alan (1,600) on July 22, 2003 1:25:36 AM EDT (0)
This is a wonderful piece! I love the blending and contrast of subjects and how you bring them together!
Wonderful! Alan

from toni/Anton (4,471) on July 22, 2003 7:36:16 AM EDT (0)
Hi john, nice to see another work of yours, I have the goat-woman still in mind.
This work is dificult to judge - try giving us more pixels (800 wide by 600 high) so that we can see the details
Although the quality of you pen-manship is of the best standard the marriage of the Iguana to the islander is not succesful,
nor is the outline of your image. I somehow feel you could have used the tail to encircle the chin of iguana man

from suzi/Suzi (5,717) on July 30, 2003 2:17:40 AM EDT (0)
this is truly wonderful image I wish it were a bit larger to view the details better so I could comment
more in depth but from here? it looks good

THANK YOU ALL PEOPLE !
Thanks to you for the big support and nice comments.
Your support keep me going.

FOR MORE COMMENTS CLICK HERE

For leaving a comment, please go to my FORM

Or read the comments on my guestbook pages

Facebook icon
Twitter icon
Linkendin icon
google icon
Wiki icon

Due to the many visitors on this website, we are experiencing some delays in answering. Your e-mail will be processed in the order it was received,
but if you get no response to your e-mail within 3 days please write/submit again.

advertising,animals,architecturalrenderings,art,artwork,aruba,awards,Banners,baselmans,bonaire,bookillustration,books,buildings,cards,cars,courses,curacao,dogs,downloads.drawing, drawings,energieniaal,epub,exhibition,films,free courses,free,gallery,gift,glas artgraphic design,guestbook,health,illustrations,john,johnbaselmans,kids,life,mexico,muralsnature,netherland,pdf,portraits, postal stamps,posters,power drawings,private,sculptures,stamps,trucks,united states,video